US Crystal Privacy and Security Notice
Last updated: February 16, 2022.
USCrystal.com knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This notice describes our privacy & security policy. By visiting USCrystal.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information about customers does USCrystal.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your US Crystal experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses USCrystal.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of USCrystal.com on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by US Crystal or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from USCrystal.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from other sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features, personalized storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does USCrystal.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Third-party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of USCrystal.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
- Protection of USCrystal.com and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of USCrystal.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is information about me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which information can I access?
USCrystal.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with USCrystal.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Are children allowed to use USCrystal.com?
USCrystal.com does not sell products for purchase by children.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
USCrystal.com, Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks.
Examples of information collected
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”). By making a purchase from USCrystal.com, you understand and agree that USCrystal.com may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including fraud prevention and credit card authorization.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information you can access
Examples of information you can access easily at USCrystal.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized preferences and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, and personal profile)
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other survey to gather additional information. This information is used to improve the overall Site.